Monday, October 12, 2009

Mudd Lake Gathering

I've rarely followed blogs of people that I don't know. But there's one that caught my attention last spring when her son was gravely ill. I kept wanting an update on his condition and then other things kept bringing me back to her blog...the stunning pictures, the funny kid stories, her openness, and her humorous way of writing. I also appreciated a couple outstanding posts on absolute truth and the only way to salvation as well as a great political post. I can't say I agree with everything, but I've definitely enjoyed many aspects of this blog. www.mckmama.com
And this is how I met Kami, a fellow blog reader and friend of Mckmama (Jennifer). We have a bunch of neat stuff in common and had a great visit at her home a month or two ago. And then Jennifer organized a get-together, for all who were interested, at the most amazing furniture store. It could hardly be called a store as it is beautifully arranged and filled with the most interesting items in a huge barn (Mudd Lake Furniture).
So last Friday night, about 50 of us gathered for an informal party at this hidden-away treasure of a place. The host had delicious food, lots of fall decor, and plenty of places to chat and visit the night away. Although some of the women had met before, many were meeting for the first time. But it really wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. Rather, it was warm and friendly and fun! I met some amazing women whom I hope I get to see again. Jennifer was the easiest person to be around, very down-to-earth and interested in the people she was meeting. And Kami and I got to chat again! Here we are below.

Here are a couple of women I really enjoyed visiting with...Diane (right) is a home school mom of two girls and J (I wish I remembered her unique pretty name) is a mom of three (one she adopted from China!)

I met so many others and wish I had used my camera more that night. But there are some other really great posts about this night linked to Jennifer's blog. (I haven't yet figured out how to do the linking right in the middle of my posts).

6 comments:

Kami said...

It was so wonderful to see you again! Thanks for posting this - I always cherish the time I get to spend with you! :)

Karlynn said...

Christy, it was so fun meeting you at the very last minute!!! I only got to meet a couple people that night because we got into such in-depth discussions. But now I have another blog I can follow.

LoveFeast Table said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at Mudd Lake! Next time! -Chris Ann

Janelle said...

I loved meeting you at Mudd Lake! I can't wait to see you at another event in the future! I think the J name you were wondering about is Jhonda (or something really close to that). I agree, everyone was very nice. I didn't meet a single person there that I didn't feel comfortable around!

Diana said...

Wow! I can't believe my picture is on your blog! By the way, that's Jonda with me. It was such a blessing to meet you, Christy. Let's keep in touch!

Corene said...

wow! Looks like a terrific group of moms at a gorgeous place. So happy for you, that you've made these connections and friendships.