Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jackpine

We packed up our stuff and headed up the road for more than a few hours to this beautiful place to camp for the weekend. It was fun seeing everyone and staying up until the wee hours of the morning playing games. The weather was beautiful and didn't have any traces of the cold and extremely wet weekend last year. We enjoyed lots of fireside singing and devos, along with all the best camp food! Pancakes and sausage...It takes three to make breakfast...two to cook and one to hold Kade, so he won't eat everything on the ground (not that I care if he eats it; rather I don't like the fact that he chokes on everything)!



Our sleepy cook makes delicious stuff!




All worn out from a long day of playing, playing, playing.




If I didn't see DJ around, I knew I could find him and a dozen other boys by the fire. What is it about fire and sticks and boys?


Levi attempts the "take the hat from Daddy" game.



Malia shares a chair...

and they take turns??


DJ listens intently...or is that sleepily? We let him stay up until midnight the first night. I think that's the first time!


Love the dolly sharing.

Another little one conks out!
And finally...two of our young friends rode home with us. Oh, to be able to sleep any where in any position.




6 comments:

Kami said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I love the sleep in any position picture :)

Abbi said...

That last picture is pretty funny!

Corene said...

I remember camping when Jack was 8 months old; the only place we could put him down was the beach where the rocks were at least 4 inches round. Even then I was afraid he'd chip a tooth on one! Last month while camping Jack was driving us crazy and I told Trey, "but it IS easier...we can actually put him down!"

Martha said...

Lots of nice pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It is a fine picture Christy, And funny :)~Anna

Wayne Cobb said...

Dear Christy, Grandmother and I went through all you pictures. We loved your blog and comments. God bless you as you live for the Lord and raise your childen in Him.

Love Dad