Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Malia's 14th Birthday

Our Malia Joy celebrated her 14th birthday this month.  She started out the day requesting to sleep in.  I find it funny how they all get this desire to sleep more as they hit their teen years!  :)   Later that evening she had some friends over.  It was a fun, simple evening together.  They jumped on the trampoline, played Apples to Apples and had hamburgers on the grill, home fries, and corn for dinnner, eating it all out on the patio.  (Why, oh why, wasn't I taking pictures???  I think it has something to do with our busy little ones. :) 



Our main activity for the night was tye-dyeing.  I'm really not much of an expert, so they read the design ideas and went at it.  They turned out so pretty.  ( I don't have pictures of those either.)  They were pretty creative!




These pictures show how pretty the colors were.  Obviously, they turn out lighter after washing them.







Malia has to be one of the sweetest young ladies.  Can I brag on her?  God has blessed her with a tender heart and a desire to serve.  Inspite of the fact that she often has her mind cooking up some story she's writing, she manages to see ways to help so often.  I think moms find a special thrill to see their children doing work around the house without being asked.  This is Malia's specialty.  She frequently tells me I need to take a break or sit down.  Isn't that just amazing?   She also has become quite a nurturer to her little brothers.  She finds a unique joy in nature and has an amazing ability to create stories in a well-written style.  I am blessed to be a part of her life and am so glad she gave her life to Christ a couple years ago!

1 comment:

Esther said...

The cake looks so yummy! Looks like she had a fun birthday.