Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Life

We're just getting the essentials done around here lately. Blogging has taken a backseat, but for some reason, I miss journaling, at the very least. I want to savor these years with my children and husband in the midst of the every day humdrum. Fleeting beautiful moments today include:



-holding a sleeping Kade just a few moments longer and marveling at how little he is (compared to how he will be someday)

-laughing tonight with the girls while eating ice cream

- totally amazed at the appetite of DJ today...3 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 bananas, and a bowl of yogurt (at breakfast), only to be hungry for a snack an hour and a half later

-watching Levi's HUGE smile while playing in our cardboard box "house"

-seeing Kade change his "hitting" to gentle pats and strokes on Levi's head when I told him "gentle"

-hearing DJ's prayer at breakfast about God's faithfulness

-seeing the girls' eagerness to help put the boys to bed so Kent and I could have a last-minute date tonight





My last blog post I've made some progress:



I've purposefully been reading to Kade, and he loves it (for short bursts)



My friend from Haiti has heard from her family and they are alive (although living on the streets)

No comments: