Monday, August 2, 2010

"Camp-out Date"

This year we just couldn't manage an overnighter for our anniversary.  I browsed Bed and Breakfasts and even thought we should do a camp-out.  Kent raised his eyebrows at that last one because I was pretty pregnant.  I thought it would be fun and doable, especially without children.  I even dreamed about going camping and woke him up one night to ask if we could take an inflatable mattress with us!

All that said, we ended up taking a good 4 or 5 hours away while my mom was here in June.  Kent packed up our bikes and off we went.  We took the easy route and ate Chinese take-out...outside, of course, to fit our camping theme.  We then biked to a nearby lake and county park.

The wildflowers were beautiful!


We had an idea that we might be met with thundershowers.  There were dark, ominous clouds that day (although it's hard to tell in this picutre).  So Kent even brought along a tent for shelter since there was nothing to speak of anywhere near where we were "camping." 

In this picture, he suddenly took off, leaving me behind with my exciting find!


Wild raspberries...and lots of them!  I picked a nice handful.



Then I hurried to find Kent.  Here he was, putting up a tent faster than I've seen done before.  :)  Yeah, I wasn't a whole lot of help working on shelter from the coming storm!




Our transportation around the county park. 





Ready to head back home.  We weathered the storm (which ended up mostly bypassing us), enjoyed wading in the lake, picking a few more raspberries, and biking around the trails.  I think we did about 12 miles or so.  What a fun day!!

1 comment:

Kara Scharrer said...

I am so glad that you guys still take time for each other and time alone to celebrate your anniversary. That is something that Erik and I aren't very good at.

I can't wait to hear the good news... it's getting close!!!